Please find below the latest reports by Ofsted. If you would like hard copies, please contact the school who will be happy to assist. Below this section you can find a brief outline of the report which you can read to get an overview of our last inspection.
|Ofsted Report||September 2017||Download|
|Ofsted Report||June 2014||Download|
Moseley Park is ‘Outstanding’
In its recent Ofsted inspection, Moseley Park was rated as ‘Outstanding’.
|Effectiveness of Leadership and Management||Outstanding|
|Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment||Outstanding|
|Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare||Outstanding|
|Outcomes for Pupils||Outstanding|
|16 to 19 Study Programmes||Outstanding|
Summary of Key Findings for Parents and Pupils
- The uncompromising leadership of the executive headteacher and her senior leaders has created a culture which is highly aspirational. Staff, pupils and governors are ambitious and committed to ensuring that the school provides an excellent education.
- Governors and the trust are exacting in their pursuit of excellence. They use their knowledge of the school and expertise to challenge and support leaders.
- For the last three years, progress in all years and in GCSE results has exceeded that seen nationally. In 2016, pupils’ GCSE progress was again higher than the national average in many subjects, including English and Mathematics.
- Disadvantaged pupils, the most able and those who have special educational needs and/or disabilities also do very well because teaching meets their individual needs precisely.
- Teachers use their expert subject knowledge to plan exciting activities that motivate and enthuse pupils to do their very best.
- Teachers’ skillful use of questioning and clear explanations are highly effective in helping pupils to master challenging concepts.
- Pupils’ behaviour and attitudes to learning are exemplary. They are rightly proud of their school and are unfailingly polite and welcoming to visitors.
- Pupils firmly reject all forms of discrimination. They celebrate diversity and are kind and thoughtful to others. As a result, pupils in the school are very well prepared for life in modern Britain.
- There is a strong culture of safeguarding in the school. The warm and nurturing climate enables all pupils to feel safe and to flourish.
- Students in the sixth form make substantial and sustained progress as a result of the highly effective teaching they receive. They play a leading role in the life of the school and are exceptionally well prepared for their next steps.
- Leaders are aware that for some pupils in key stage 4, their careers guidance is not always clear enough or sufficiently explicit for these pupils to make fully informed decisions. Leaders are taking effective action to address this.
School Performance Tables
You can also view the school performance tables by visiting the Department for Education website. Click on the link below to be taken to the website.